Join COF on Facebook!
St. Tammany Commission on Families is a coalition of diverse members working together to increase our capacity to empower families by providing opportunities for networking, collaboration, training and information exchange. Our purpose is to identify service gaps, develop strategies for the mobilization and utilization of volunteers within organizations and involve the private sector in supporting services for families and children. Since 1996 the commission has worked with people, groups and organizations that provide critical support and services to children and families.
Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month*
10:00 am to 11:am
*Please check http://www.stcof.org, or email email@example.com to confirm date and time.
Commission on Families members include:
· Private and public agencies
· Civic associations
At monthly Commission meetings we:
· Convene panels of experts to discuss services and service needs
· Sponsor mini-workshops for skills enhancement
· Assist with area needs assessments
· Educate and increase awareness of services and programs
· Provide a forum for information exchange and interaction
· Support advocates for healthy families
· Host Annual State of the Parish Address and Annual Legislative Updates